Monday, May 3, 2010

Things You Have to Do in Raleigh

Having lived in Raleigh for the past 3 years, I've picked up on a lot of fun/interesting things to do around town. So, I figured I'd write about them on here so anyone who stumbles upon my blog and happened to be coming into town they'd have a heads up on all of the best places to go and things to do.

So in this first installment, I'll introduce the world to the nOg Run. Enjoy:



First, I'll introduce you to Tir na nOg, a great Irish restaurant/pub located in downtown Raleigh on S. Blount Street. They've got great food and great beer, and whether or not you go to the run, you should definitely stop by for a delicious meal with some great people.



Every Monday night the nOg Run Club meets at 6:00pm at the restaurant to go for a run through downtown Raleigh followed by a delicious $1 pasta buffet. It's free for anyone to join, you just have to sign a waiver that basically says if you get hit by a car when you're crossing the street it isn't their fault. They've got 3-,4-,5-, and 6-mile courses mapped out for you, and runners of all skill levels are welcome to attend.

Once you've finished your run, just put $1 in the bucket and they've got all the fresh salad and pasta you can eat (the best deal in town for us college students on a tight budget). If you're looking for a bigger meal, they've also got specials on food and beer just for the runners. While you're eating they've always got some sort of fun game or charity event going on, such as bingo or trivia.

There are also special rewards for the loyal runners...once you've been 10 times you get a free nOg run t-shirt and once you've been 20 times you get a free beer mug. I've already got my shirt and I'm almost halfway to getting my mug!

So, if you're going to be in Raleigh on a Monday night, the nOg run is definitely the place to be. For more info and a calendar of events, check out the nOg run club website.

No comments:

Post a Comment